Easter Nests Recipe!
It's almost Easter! Here's an Easter Nests recipe to make with the kids this weekend...
4 egg whites
Pinch of salt
100g caster sugar
250g dessicated coconut
- Oven on to Gas 3/150 C
- Whisk the egg whites and salt together until they are frothy and foamy then stir in the sugar, mix well and then stir in the coconut
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin and spoon the mixture into the holes, dividing it equally between the 12 dips
- Spread it out to the edges but don't flatten the mixture - leave it rough like the edges of a nest
- Pop into the oven for 10 minutes, the coconut cakes will be golden on top and as soon as you take them out, gently press down in the centre of each cake to make an indentation, hollowing it out like a nest
- Leave in the tin until completely cool and then run a knife around each cake to loosen and then remove
- Fill the nest with mini eggs, foil wrapped eggs, wooden decorative eggs or even little fluffy toy chicks!
Store in an airtight container and enjoy!